Hot Topic | Data Analytics Across the Organization
The term “Big Data” is the big spot on everyone’s radar these days. As it looms toward the center of business activity, it feels like a giant UFO hiding behind a cloud: we know it’s there, but we’re not quite sure what to make of it, much less how we make it work in our favor. In this EDGE “Hot Topics” session, designed for the entire management team of EDGE member organizations, expert Abdou Ayoub of Paragon Shift will help participants make sense of it all, including:
- Definitions & Terms – what is data analytics? And what isn’t?
- The evolution that has gotten us to where we are
- Elements necessary for successful projects (data, people, processes)
- Opportunities within your organization (interactive exercise to help each participant identify scenarios to move their organization forward)
- Lessons learned from several industries and markets – best (and worst) practices
- Tools and technologies out there, the good, the bad and the unnecessary
After covering the intro, terms and evolution to normalize the discussion, Abdou will focus the workshop on helping to identify use cases within the organization and then simulate a prioritization exercise. We will use the results of the simulation to talk about the lessons learned from others who have tried to do these projects and then discuss the technologies out there to help achieve successful projects.
About EDGE Hot Topic Meetings:
Professionally facilitated hot topic meetings have broad interest among most peer groups providing leaders with an opportunity to learn with and from leaders in their company and from other mid-size companies in Northeast Ohio facing similar challenges and opportunities. Exchanges are robust and attendees are challenged to bring at least two takeaways back to their organization that can be immediately applied.