The EDGE Emerging Leaders Series is for new leaders who are in the first-time role of supervising others or preparing for this type of role. This group is also for early-career leaders who may not have had formal training and want to sharpen their leadership skills. The program, composed of eight half-day sessions, starts with each participant taking the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment. We use this assessment throughout the program to help everyone gain an understanding of their personality preferences and how that impacts communications, work relationships and leadership.
Enroll now for the Emerging Leaders program running October 2023 – June 2024
Benefits of participating include:
- Learning and then putting into practice those concepts that will help new leaders become more effective, helping them build lifelong leadership skills.
- Being part of a program with individual sessions that build on each other.
- Sharing successes and obstacles with other emerging leaders to learn what others are doing and how to overcome challenges.
- Networking and building trusting relationships with others who are in similar situations and career stages. These relationships have the potential of lasting participants’ entire careers.
This high-impact program is facilitated by one of the region’s top leadership training professionals, Ron Bower. With over 30 years of professional experience, Ron brings practical knowledge, intuition, passion, and a desire to make things better to every leadership training engagement.
Through the Emerging Leaders program, I have gained more confidence in my decision making abilities and am now better prepared to communicate and collaborate effectively for desired results among staff, colleagues, between departments, with customers and vendors.
– 2022 Participant, Quality – Engineering Manager, EDGE Member Company
The high-impact syllabus focuses on applying skills in real-world situations:
- MBTI for Personal Development: Gain an understanding of personality preferences and the impact on communication, work relationships, and leadership. Use of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment.
- Leading for High Performance I: Gain an understanding of how to create a culture of trust and accountability. And an overview of the full Leading for High Performance Model. Make the connection back to personality type.
- Leading for High Performance II: Gain and understanding of how to: set clear expectations, have meaningful conversations with employees (giving and receiving feedback, coaching, development, appreciation). Make the connection back to personality type.
- Prioritizing for Results: Gain an understanding of how to avoid micromanaging and focus personal efforts on where we each make the biggest impact on our organization. Focus on doing the right work vs. being busy. Make the connection back to personality type.
- MBTI and Stress: A deeper dive into understanding our personality preferences and the impact on stress. How to minimize stress by understanding our approach to work and work relationships.
- Professional Presence: A close look at best practices for how we show up as leaders in the workplace and how we can increase influence. Make the connection back to personality type.
- Everyday Change Management: Gain an understanding of the challenge of change in the workplace. Understand the stages of accepting change, learn how to identify the stage that we/others are in, and how to coach others towards full acceptance of change. Make the connection back to personality type.
- Meeting for Results: Understand how to effectively plan for, lead, and participate in meetings. Challenge the traditional approaches to that cause dysfunctional meeting cultures.
Topics subject to change.
Program for October 2023 – May 2024: monthly half-day morning workshops
Cost. $3,000 + $100 MBTI Assessment and Materials per enrollee
Special pricing for EDGE members. Click here to find out more about membership.
Participation. To ensure a premier experience, 100% attendance is required.
Emerging Leaders program: October 2023 – May 2024
- October 12
- November 9
- December 7
- February 22
- March 14
- April 18
- May 22