Executive Forum: New Power, with author, Jeremy Heimans
The redistribution of power away from central authorities to vast social movements has had dramatic effects on everything from branding to funding, and from leadership and management to strategy and innovation models. The democratization trend is the basis of New Power, the book by authors Jeremy Heimans and Henry Timms that is making big waves in the executive suite. Understanding how these trends operate, and how they can work for business will be the focus of this event.
- How do ideas spread and gain momentum in the new powergeneration?
- What does “leadership” look like in leaderless movements?
- How do we build bridges between old power models of complying and consuming with new power models of sharing, affiliating, and shaping?
- How can organizations create the most value by bringing together higher purpose, material returns and participation within a transaction?
- Richard Branson called this work “An essential lens to use when thinking about how the world has changed, how to spread ideas, or create change.”
- Forbes says “A must-read for anyone looking to engage people to help build a brand.”
- “When an idea is sufficiently compelling, it changes the very way I see. That’s what happened to me when I read New Power.” Daniel Pink, author of When and Drive.
We look forward to your participation!
The EDGE Executive Forum Series is designed with entire management teams in mind, always brings high-level thought to propel middle-sized businesses towards the cutting edge of best practices in value creation.
Breakfast buffet included.
EDGE Members: Free
Non-EDGE Members: $75
In partnership with:
HR Leadership Group of Northeast Ohio