InnoQuest | A Peak Behind the Curtain – Innovation from EDGE Fellow Alum Around the US
Join EDGE’s InnoQuest group on Friday, March 11th (8:50 – 10:55 AM, virtual) as we look at “Leadership and Culture” through the eyes of young innovation leaders around the country. In this session, we’ll follow the journeys of three former EDGE Fellows (now at McDonald’s, AppHarvest and Thermo Fisher Scientific) through their experiences working with and through large corporate empires, high-tech/high-risk start-ups and points between. This is really a session about culture as well as navigating through various hoops – whether personal, technical, strategic or managerial – to drive innovation as an individual. Through these stories of vulnerability, strength and street smarts, we seek to glean valuable knowledge about our own cultures and management practices, and what it might be like to be an emerging leader dealing within often traditional systems. Of course, we’ll take a little peak into the exciting developments at each company as well!
- Priyanka Chatterjee, Director of Technology and Innovation Development, McDonald’s Corp.; shares how a global operation that prides itself on consistency embraces high-tech advancements that could revolutionize their industry.
- Gary Broadbent, Deputy General Counsel, AppHarvest, an applied technology company developing and operating some of the world’s largest high-tech indoor farms. Shares his journey that includes challenges in legal, investment strategy, tight deadlines, etc.
- Tim Anderson, Product Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific; shares how his organization has gone through scores of innovation projects large and small, from supply chain to product development to talent procurement.
InnoQuest is a continuous journey designed by and for people charged with driving innovation. The 2022 schedule blends practitioner-led and academic content with peer-based knowledge sharing, field trips and a few surprises – all with the intent of improving the way innovation is approached, from corporate strategies to individual creativity. Join us and other leaders from around Northeast Ohio.
Through the InnoQuest Program, participants gain:
- Best practices in managing and guiding the innovation process
- New working relations with peer companies and leading practitioners
- Tools & actionable steps to improve a company’s innovation practices