Get experience. Get connections. Get going!
The Commons Innovation Series is an experience for students from Northeast Ohio Universities. Join us on a wild booster rocket for your professional growth, skill development, and network!
You’re motivated and you’ve got great skills, and The Commons Innovation Series is a fast-paced and fun career development experience designed to help you learn how to apply your skills and make new connections.
We’re seeking a diverse group of students to participate in this program. All areas of study, all ages, and all backgrounds are welcome. We’re looking for the most driven and growth-minded talent out there.
At a time when it’s even more challenging to explore career options and make professional connections, this program is your quickest and easiest way to get dropped directly into the middle of the awesome opportunities in Northeast Ohio. Oh, and there’s no cost for participating students and even the potential for experiential learning credit!
What’s the time commitment?
We are exploring in-person and virtual options for 2022 – TBD. If virtual, the time commitment could be several hours spread over 2-4 sessions (plus some project work in between). If in-person, it will be more intensive (@3 full days) with more mentoring and company engagement with project work in between. Stay tuned …
OK cool, but what am I actually going to be doing?
We’ve got a lineup for great career learning and growth experience. Here’s how each Friday breaks down:
- Micro Pro-Tips Workshop – Kick your professional skills up a notch with a tools to address challenges.
- Impact Innovation Challenge – Work with a team of other rising talent to cook up an innovative and impactful solution for challenge facing our community.
- Open Office Hours – Ask lingering questions and get feedback from facilitators during this flex time.
You’ll be applying your skills on innovation projects for all types of impactful challenges, and you’ll make connections to all types of amazing local companies. You’ll find yourself in.
Would I be a good fit?
If you’re a current or recent student, then probably! We look for students of ANY major and ANY year in school. And we don’t care about your GPA. Instead, we develop cross-functional teams and look at the following “personas” for the program:
- Hackers – technical and engineering folks of all types
- Hipsters – designers, artists and creatives
- Hustlers – sales, marketing, finance and business
- Handlers – project coordinators, organizers and team leaders
Questions? Contact Chris@edge.org.